PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

TUTORIAL: pomander hand bouquet

 


This is one of the project I made for Diana (see the post here). I had similar hand bouquet for my wedding last May and tried to recreate it for her.

I made this tutorial for them who can not find any ball shape floral foam (I just found out that the green thing is called floral foam, before I kept on saying that it is an oasis) and replace it by artificial grass ball for the skeleton.

In here I used 2 flowers, Germini/Gerbera as the main flower that would cover most of the bouquet and the yellow (I don’t know the name) flower to cover the beds.

How to:
1. Pull all the artificial grass stem until what left is only the skeleton and stuff the inside with floral foam.
2. Soak the ball in the water more less 1 hour. After that, you can tie the ribbon on the skeleton. Measure the length of ribbon as you please.
3. Cut the big flower stem roughly 2,5 cm / 1 inch from the base in diagonal, this make the stem prick the floral foam easily.
4. Start to build your ball from the top and work your way to the bottom.
TIP: hang your bouquet when you finished the top half, so its easier to work on the lower half.
5. You’re almost finished. Now you have to cover the beds between big flowers so it look nice.
Cut the stem around 5 cm / 2 inch from the base and carefully fill the gap between flower.

You can add other accessories to further beautify the hand bouquet. Think pearl necklace hangs loosely or perhaps teardrop crystal. For this, I just simply add ribbon bow with the same colour.


No comments:

Post a Comment